How and when did you get started training for a healthy and active body lifestyle?
· I first started training when I was 21 years old. My uncle was friends with a strong man competitor / Canadian Power-lifting champion, and one day he introduced me. Well me being the young and naive punk kid I was I walked up to him and said, “hey man, can I workout with you one day”. Well, I showed up and stayed for 5+ years. I got beaten and bettered every single day, but I had the drive and motivation to succeed.
Do you have goal setting techniques? Short term and long term goals?
· I feel that in the sport of Bodybuilding you always want to have long term goals, this is a turtle’s sport. Now at 37 years old I am in the best shape of my life, you just need to take it one day at a time.
How do you remain motivated? Any tips for anyone wanting to get in great shape and or thinking about competing in your sport?
· Motivation has to come from within yourself. Dig deep and ask yourself this, “HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT”.
How do you keep track of your progress?
· I track all my works via Microsoft Word, and label them ie… Week 1, etc… I have over 250 weeks of workout’s saved. I mostly use them as tools that I pass onto my clients. I track my weight and take pictures and date them. The most important tool I use is the MIRROR and not the SCALE. THE MIRROR NEVER EVER LIES TO YOU.
What types of cardio have worked best for you?
· I prefer to use the Stepper. I hope on and go all out ballz to the wall. No matter if I am 300 lbs or 260 lbs, I go all out.
What’s your favorite healthy recipe?
· I do not really follow any recipes, I am old school. Chicken/Rice, Eggs, Red Meat/Yams, and of course different Fats.
What does your diet consist off?
· Oatmeal, Protein Powder, Eggs, Chicken, Rice, Red Meat, Yams, Ezekiel Bread, Natural Peanut Butter, Olive Oil
What do you do to deal with craving for salty foods, sweets, and junk foods?
· I try to have 1-2 cheat meals per week. For this I prefer to go out to a restraint to eat, say, IHOP for some pancakes or a Burger place for a nice Burger / Fries.
What are your top 3 exercises?
· Chin-Ups, Incline Barbell Press, Hack Squats.
Do you listen to music while you train? If yes what type(s)?
· I listen to all types of music, depends on the mood I am in. Ranges from Techno, Hard Rock to Heavy Metal.
In terms of your training schedule, how many days a week do you train and what would be a typical training regimen for you?
· Monday – Back / Traps
· Tuesday – Glutes / Hamstrings
· Wednesday – OFF
· Thursday – Shoulders / Arms
· Friday – Quds / Hamstrings
· Saturday – OFF
· Calves & Abs 3x/week
· Cardio @ 3x / week
Do you have any role models or athletes you look up too?
· I would have to say myself. By this I am not saying that I am conceded or high on myself, but ?I am the only one I have to impress with my physique. This has kept me very humble, even when I am 300 lbs. I am not out to impress anyone, I am just always striving to be better and learn more. The one thing about bodybuilding is you are always learning no matter how long you have been in the game.
What do you enjoy the most about competing in bodybuilding?
· I love the thrill of being on stage in front of people and presenting the package that I have just work so hard to achieve after dieting for 16-20 weeks. You get your feedback from the judges, hit your off season and work on your weak points. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.
What supplements do you take?
· I also take about 15 different vitamins and minerals @ 2x / day etc… Vitamin C, B, E
· Digestive Enzymes, Liver Support
What tips would you give to any women wanting to have an active body physique like yours?
· I would say, hire yourself a good coach, listen to what they have to say and follow their direction.
· Fight of the temptations of fast food by always having extra meals prepared in your fridge. Get yourself a 6 Pack Bag, and load it up for the day out of travels.
Name: TODD HAMILTON
Year of birth: 1977
Weight: 257 lbs STAGE WEIGHT contest weight, 290 – 300 lbs off-season weight
Facebook fan page: in the works
You Tube Channel: in the works
Follow us on facebook
Active Body Nutrition is the newest leader in online and retail dietary supplementation in North America. We are committed to your success, health, and fitness by providing you the best health products and superb customer service. We specialize in improving the health and well-being for individuals from all walks of life.Read more
ACTIVEBODY will gladly refund your original shipping cost if you are returning an item because of an error on our part, or we have determined that the product is defective.
ActiveBody will be happy to issue you a full refund minus a 10% restocking fee in the form of an in store credit within 14 days on all unopened products. We must be notified of all returns prior to their return shipment. If you would like to return an item please ship it to our national warehouse. Shipping and handling (S&H) charges are non-refundable. All International sales are final.